Another Budget Cut to higher education?! NOT THIS TIME!!
Tuesday, 17th November 2009
12:35 – 15:35
The City College of New York (NAC building)
138 Street and Amsterdam/ Convent Ave
New York, NY
*ANOTHER CUT TO HIGHER EDUCATION*
Gov. Paterson is not looking out for students
And it shows in the most recent proposed
Cuts to CUNY.
Why should we have to suffer for a deficit we didn’t create?
Wall Street gets BILLIONS and we don’t even get scraps.
Adding insult to injury, on top of the recent tuition hike, the proposed budget will cut:
• $178 Million from NY Higher Education.
• $90 Million from the SUNY Budget.
• $53 Million from the CUNY budget.
• And if that wasn’t enough for you, they are also cutting $35.5 Million from the NYS Higher Edu. Corp which funds TAP.
How this affects us:
• For one, we will see cuts to our student services.
• Larger Class Sizes, as if they weren’t big enough already.
• Less classes being offered. (Good luck getting into the class you want during registration.)
• Massive layoffs of faculty and staff which we already have a deficit of.
So come out Nov 17th to the CCNY campus at 12:30pm, the NAC building, as we rally against these proposed budget cuts. We the students, staff, and community can’t afford another cut to our education. Lets sent a clear message to Paterson and all those cronies in government that we (the people) are too big to fail, not the banks.
Education is a right, Fight, Fight, Fight!!!